Partnerships Address Inequity in Housing
A wealth gap persists in Colorado, including homeownership.
As of 2020, 73% of white Coloradans owned their own home, compared with 41% of Black Coloradans and 55% of Latinx Coloradans.* We recognize that we must do more – and you can help.
We support local rezoning and development projects that will make affordable homeownership possible for more Denver families. You can make a difference by supporting policies like these in your area.
What is your reason for adding your voice to the conversation?
- …to create equal opportunities for young people entering our workforce?
- …to ensure your children’s teachers can afford a home?
- … to help create more equitable communities?
No matter your reason, we invite you to help us build a more equitable community through housing.
What We Can Do Together
At Habitat Metro Denver, we’re committed to finding solutions to the affordable housing crisis. You can make a difference by supporting policies that include:
- Supply and preservation – support state and local affordable housing funds that are dedicated to affordable homeownership development and preservation.
- Access to credit – support down payment and mortgage assistance programs, affordable mortgages and housing counseling for low-income families.
- Zoning and land use – ask your local city council representative how multi-family developments could bring affordable, decent homes to your neighborhood and enrich the area. Support multi-family developments that allow the building of duplexes, townhomes, accessory dwelling unity (ADUs), and other plans that maximize space and affordability for hardworking families.
- Broaden economic mobility – support policies that help more people gain access to neighborhoods that are safe, include good schools, and have access to healthy food and transportation.
Learn how to advocate for housing in your community